Roxio Creator Enterprise Puts Media to Work for Business
Latest Roxio Enterprise Media Suite Offers Feature Set Optimized for Corporate, Institutional, and Government Sectors
Novato, California (May 4, 2010) - Sonic Solutions® (NASDAQ: SNIC), today announced the availability of new versions of its enterprise-class solutions for media creation and management in the workplace. Designed for editing, burning, backup, and sharing of data and digital media assets such as photos, video, and music, the latest version of Roxio Creator® 2010 is now available in configurations designed for enterprise - Roxio Creator Enterprise Silver and Roxio Creator Enterprise Gold.
The new Roxio Creator Enterprise products are offered through the Roxio Volume Licensing Program, which is tailored to the unique requirements of organizations. The program offers low cost-of-entry and flexible licensing options, including both enterprise-wide and departmental licenses that eliminate the headache of managing single-user licenses. Ideal for users of varying skill levels, the Creator Enterprise solutions are both easy to learn as well as powerful and offer a wide range of options that system administrators can easily enable or disable for individual users or departments. The enterprise products are also supported across multiple Windows versions for maximum compatibility and are scalable to adapt as organizational needs grow.
"As digital media assumes an increasingly important role in today's enterprise, it's critical for a far broader range of employees to have ready access to the capabilities available in Roxio Creator," says Michael Demeyer, VP Corporate Products, Roxio. "Built on Roxio's best-selling media application for consumers, this newest Creator Enterprise line delivers key media-handling capabilities within a single, easy-to-use suite that empowers them to be productive immediately."
Roxio Creator Enterprise Silver provides organizations with a comprehensive, easy-to-use data burning solution that complements Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7 with essential functionality for corporations, businesses, schools and other institutions:
- Complete data disc solution includes disc-to-disc copying, reading and writing of disc images, and disc labeling.
- Data burning to CD, DVD, or Blu-ray Disc makes it easy to share large volumes of information within the organization.
- Roxio Burn, the desktop application that makes burning discs as easy as dragging and dropping files and folders, now includes optional 128 bit encryption, to prevent unauthorized access to sensitive data.
- Data compression and disc spanning allow fast, efficient backup to preserve important files, with straightforward restoration of data in case of hard disk problems.
- Intuitive user interface and comprehensive built-in Help resources reduce the support burden on IT staff.
Roxio Creator Enterprise Gold includes all the features of Roxio Creator Silver but also offers software tools to enable employees to create and view multimedia sales and training presentations:
- Powerful video editing and playback software makes it easy to create and view high-quality movies in standard or high definition.
- Still-image tools allow photo enhancement and creation of slideshow presentations.
- Built in Sound Editor enables voice-overs for slideshows and video presentations.
- Intuitive interface allows employees who are not AV specialists to illustrate key points with integrated graphic images, video, and audio.
- Easy disc burning allows distribution of presentations on DVD.
- Digital asset management capabilities include photo browsing, tagging, and sharing.
In addition to the Silver and Gold versions, Roxio continues to offer the full Roxio Creator 2010 retail suite to enterprise customers in an easily deployable installer package. For the creative department within an organization, or for small and medium businesses that want to extend their marketing capabilities with powerful multimedia tools, Roxio Creator 2010 Enterprise Edition is a complete solution. The full suite offers advanced video and audio tools, optional Blu-ray Disc (BD) support, more options for capturing and archiving data, and improved video conversion for portable devices. A built-in Learning Center with dozens of video tutorials ensures ease of use.
Roxio Creator Enterprise Silver, Roxio Creator Enterprise Gold, and Roxio Creator 2010 Enterprise Edition are shipping now. For information regarding the Roxio Enterprise line and the Roxio Volume Licensing Program, please visit Roxio on the Web at: www.roxio.com/licensing.
About Sonic Solutions
Roxio enables consumers to easily manage, share, and enjoy personal digital media content and, through RoxioNow®, conveniently access premium Hollywood entertainment from a broad range of connected devices. A wide array of leading technology companies, businesses and developers rely on Roxio applications, services and technologies to bring innovative digital media functionality to next-generation devices and platforms.
Roxio is a division of Sonic Solutions (NASDAQ: SNIC), headquartered in Novato, California.
Forward Looking Statements
This release may contain forward-looking statements that are based upon current expectations, including the launch, distribution, and market acceptance of Roxio Creator Enterprise Editions. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of various risks and uncertainties, including those discussed in Sonic Solutions' annual and quarterly reports on file with the Securities and Exchange Commission. This press release should be read in conjunction with Sonic Solutions' most recent annual report on Form 10-K, Form 10-Q and other reports on file with the Securities and Exchange Commission, which contain a more detailed discussion of the Company's business including risks and uncertainties that may affect future results. Sonic Solutions does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements.
Sonic, the Sonic logo, Sonic Solutions, Roxio, the Roxio logo, RoxioNow, and Roxio Creator are trademarks or registered trademarks owned by Sonic Solutions in the United States and/or other countries. All other company or product names are trademarks of their respective owners and, in some cases, are used by Sonic Solutions under license. Specifications, pricing and delivery schedules are subject to change without notice.