Roxio Launches Toast 10 Titanium at Macworld Expo
Also Introduces Pro Version Packed with Advanced Photo, Video, and Audio Capabilities
Macworld Expo, Moscone Center, San Francisco, California, (January 5, 2009) - Roxio®, a division of Sonic Solutions® (NASDAQ: SNIC), the leader in digital media software, today announced the immediate availability of Toast® 10 Titanium, the latest version of the company's market-leading burning and digital media software for the Mac®. The latest version helps greatly enhance and extend Mac OS X and iLife® applications with a broad range of additional capabilities for creating, sharing, and enjoying personal digital media content.
Toast 10 delivers groundbreaking digital media functionality to Mac users with a range of pioneering features that includes: Mac2TiVo for sending home movies and other video content from a Mac to a TiVo® DVR; an audiobook creator for converting audiobook CDs into files compatible with portable devices; AVCHD™ Archive for quickly backing up original content from high-definition camcorders onto DVD or Blu-ray Disc (BD), and a Web video file capture and conversion tool that allows Web-based video to be enjoyed on DVD or mobile devices. Toast 10 Titanium is available today at www.roxio.com and at Macworld Expo booth #2238.
"Toast is far more than better burning on Mac OS; it's about enabling users to manage, create, enjoy and simply do more with their personal library of digital photos, music, and video," said Vito Salvaggio, vice president of consumer products, Sonic Solutions. "This latest version will have special appeal to consumers that want to easily move digital media between their Mac and digital devices such as the iPhone® and TiVo®, or enjoy Web-based video content offline."
New in Toast 10 Titanium:
- AVCHD™ Archive - Backup original video from AVCHD camcorders direct to DVD or BD media in one easy step. Use the discs in BD players or as source materials in future iMovie or Toast projects.
- Mac2TiVo - Send standard definition and HD video from your Mac to your TiVo DVR for viewing on your TV.
- Web Video To Go - Save Web video from your favorite video sharing sites to view offline, burn or convert it for viewing on portable players such as an iPod or iPhone.
- On-the-go Entertainment - Stream and watch television programs, such as EyeTV recordings and TiVoToGo transfers on your iPhone or iPod touch over Wi-Fi with the new iPhone native application Streamer®.
- Portable Audiobooks - Convert audiobook CDs into single audiobook files for playback on your iPod or other portable player- complete with individual chapters - no more individual audiobook chapter files scattered throughout your iTunes library or iPod.
- Music Builder - Expand your audio library by capturing streaming audio.. Toast now automatically splits captured songs into tracks, tags them with title and artist information, and then sends them to iTunes.
- Folder Sync - Synchronize folders bi-directionally between multiple computers, network volumes or external hard disks.
- Stunning DVDs - Create personalized DVDs with any of the over 20 new DVD and Blu-ray Disc menu styles--available in both full screen and high-definition widescreen versions.
Introducing Toast 10 Titanium Pro
Today Roxio also released Toast 10 Titanium Pro aimed at prosumers, creative professionals and designers, as well as photo and video hobbyists. In addition to offering everything available in Toast 10 Titanium, Toast 10 Pro includes the High-Definition/Blu-ray Disc plug-in as well as these award-winning, third-party applications for developing advanced photo, video, and audio projects:
- HD/BD Plug-In - Author HD video content on to standard DVDs and Blu-ray Discs. Take high-def (HD) video footage from AVCHD™ camcorders, TiVo® and EyeTV and create Blu-ray Discs or even standard DVDs with HD content that can be played on any standard Blu-ray set top box or PlayStation® 3 game console.
- SmartSound Sonicfire™ Pro - Orchestrate the perfect sound track to accompany videos and slideshows. Use Sonicfire Pro's unique automatic "Mood Mapping" feature or select from a library of included music tracks and adjust the mix and feel of the score to perfectly match your videos and slideshows.
- BIAS SoundSoap™ - Remove unwanted noise like wind, hisses, scratches, and pops from LPs, cassettes, or almost any audio, music or video soundtrack.
- LightZone™ - Produce striking photos in a simple and intuitive way. Sophisticated features such as zone mapping and relight give you the control to achieve professional quality results.
- FotoMagico™ - Turn pictures into spellbinding slideshows with a few simple clicks, and then present them in high definition. Innovative text, transition and alignment tools ensure astonishing results. Burn your slideshow to DVD or Blu-ray Disc for easy viewing and sharing.
Pricing and Availability
Toast 10 Titanium is available direct from Roxio at www.roxio.com for $99.99. Special pricing is available at Macworld tradeshow, running January 6-9. An accompanying High Definition/Blu-ray Disc (HD/BD) plug-in, which is needed to author Blu-ray Disc video, is sold separately for $19.99 and is available free for those who purchase Toast 10 Titanium online at roxio.com through February 5, 2009. Toast 10 Titanium Pro also goes on sale today for $149.99.
Roxio®, Sonic's Consumer Products Group, provides a range of award-winning digital media creation, management, preservation, sharing, and enjoyment applications, field-proven SDKs, and Web-based services. Roxio solutions offer the perfect blend of ease and power, enabling consumers to achieve professional results from their photo, video, and music projects with minimal effort. Roxio's flagship applications, Creator for the PC and Toast for the Apple Macintosh, are the best-selling products in their respective categories in North American retail.
Roxio's parent company, Sonic Solutions (NASDAQ: SNIC; http://www.sonic.com) enables the creation, management, and enjoyment of premium and personal digital media content through its Hollywood to Home™ products, services, and technologies.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release may contain forward-looking statements that are based upon current expectations, including the launch, distribution, and market acceptance of Roxio Toast 10 Titanium and Toast 10 Titanium Pro. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward looking statements as a result of various risks and uncertainties, including those discussed in the Company's annual and quarterly reports on file with the Securities and Exchange Commission. This press release should be read in conjunction with the Company's most recent annual report on Form 10-K, Form 10-Q and other reports on file with the Securities and Exchange Commission, which contain a more detailed discussion of the Company's business including risks and uncertainties that may affect future results. The Company does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements.
Sonic, the Sonic logo, Sonic Solutions, Roxio, the Roxio logo, Toast, Roxio Streamer, and Hollywood to Home are trademarks or registered trademarks owned by Sonic Solutions in the United States and/or other countries. All other company or product names are trademarks of their respective owners and, in some cases, are used by Sonic Solutions under license. Specifications, pricing and delivery schedules are subject to change without notice.