Roxio Launches RecordNow 9 Music Lab Premier
New Audio Management and Disc Burning Solution Delivers Comprehensive Features for Music Enthusiasts
Santa Clara, California (January 4, 2007) - Roxio®, a division of Sonic Solutions® (NASDAQ: SNIC), the leader in digital media software, today launched RecordNow™ 9 Music Lab Premier. Building on RecordNow’s reputation as the leading music CD and DVD burning solution, RecordNow Music Lab Premier adds a comprehensive suite of next generation software tools for the creation, editing, and management of digital audio and is available now at www.roxio.com for a suggested price of $49.99.
Designed to enable consumers to make the most of their digital audio collections, this new Vista-compatible audio suite combines many significant audio capture, editing and management functions into a single intuitive suite of software applications. Key features include the AutoMix music compilation tool that allows users to instantly create playlists according to their musical taste or preferred genre, tools for removing noise from analog recordings, a multi-format audio converter that lets users easily and quickly transfer files from one audio format to another, a web radio capture application for storing songs for off-line listening, and a UPnP audio server that allows users to stream their music collection from their PC to any UPnP-compatible device. “RecordNow 9 Music Lab Premier allows consumers to make the most of their music collections,” said Stan Wong, general manager, Roxio division of Sonic Solutions. “Now customers can save web radio or music streams at the touch of a button, digitize analog music effortlessly, and produce customized playlists for all occasions. Users can even create personalized ringtones for their mobile phones. For $49.99, RecordNow 9 Music Lab Premier represents a superb value as an all-in-one software solution for music lovers.”
The new and enhanced features of RecordNow 9 Music Lab Premier include:
- AutoMix playlist creation: Users can select a favorite music track and the application will automatically identify and collate similar tracks, instantly producing a personalized playlist.
- Multi-format audio converter: Making the transformation from one device to another easy for the user, the audio converter automatically transforms music and audio files to the appropriate format. Record Now 9 supports the most popular formats including: MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, and OGG Vorbis.
- Mobile phone ringtone creation: Consumers can create and share custom-made ringtones using any track from their music collection.
- Audio cleaning and noise reduction: RecordNow 9 now offers a compilation of tools including advanced cleaning and noise reduction features, which enable users to easily restore a classic analog music collection to its former glory.
- Web radio recording: Now users can instantly record streaming web radio and music to a PC. It can then be converted to MP3, burnt to CD and DVD, or transferred to a portable audio player. Now users can enjoy Internet radio broadcasts or podcasts any where, any time.
- DVD music album creator: Users can create DVDs with over 50 hours of music, complete with fully customized menus and navigation controls.
- Microsoft Windows Vista compatible: Customers purchasing new PCs or upgrading their existing OS to Windows Vista will also be able to enjoy the benefits of RecordNow 9 Music Lab Premier.
Pricing and Availability
Two versions of the product are available. RecordNow Music Lab Premier is available now exclusively at www.roxio.com for a suggested price of $49.99. A second version, RecordNow Music Lab will be available in early 2007, at major retail outlets across North America, and online for $29.99.
Roxio, a division of Sonic Solutions, develops and markets the best-selling digital media software in the world. Roxio offers award-winning software products for CD/DVD burning, photo editing and video editing and has an installed base of over 350 million users. Roxio distributes its products globally through strategic partnerships with major hardware manufacturers, through leading retailers, through Internet partnerships and through direct sales at www.roxio.com.
About Sonic Solutions
Sonic Solutions (NASDAQ: SNIC; http://www.sonic.com) is the leader in digital media software, providing a broad range of interoperable, platform-independent software tools and applications for creative professionals, business and home users, and technology partners. Sonic's products range from advanced DVD authoring systems and interactive content delivery technologies used to produce the majority of Hollywood DVD film releases, to the award-winning Roxio®-branded CD and DVD creation, playback and backup solutions that have become the premier choice for consumers, prosumers and business users worldwide.
Sonic products are globally available from major retailers, online at Sonic.com and Roxio.com, and are bundled with PCs, after-market drives and consumer electronic devices. Sonic's digital media creation engine is the de facto standard and has been licensed by major software and hardware manufacturers, including Adobe, Microsoft, Scientific-Atlanta, Sony, and many others. Sonic Solutions is headquartered in Marin County, California.
Forward Looking Statement
This press release may contain forward looking statements that are based upon current expectations, including the launch and market acceptance of RecordNow 9. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward looking statements as a result of various risks and uncertainties, including those discussed in the Company's annual and quarterly reports on file with the Securities and Exchange Commission. This press release should be read in conjunction with the Company's most recent annual report on Form 10-K, Form 10-Q and other reports on file with the Securities and Exchange Commission, which contain a more detailed discussion of the Company's business including risks and uncertainties that may affect future results. The Company does not undertake to update any forward looking statements.