Roxio Toast with Jam 6 Now Shipping
Best of Show at MacWorld, Toast with Jam 6 Delivers High Fidelity Audio Capabilities to Create Superior Sounding Music CDs and Audio DVDs
Santa Clara, California - (March 23, 2004) - Roxio®, a division of Sonic Solutions® (NASDAQ: SNIC), the leader in digital media software, announced the availability of Toast with Jam 6, which combines its best-of-breed CD and DVD burning software for the Macintosh, Toast 6 Titanium, with a rich array of studio-quality audio software that enables musicians and music lovers alike to create superior sounding CDs and DVDs.
"The buzz at this year's Expo was all about audio, from software that helps create music to digital devices for people to listen to their music anywhere," said Jim Dalrymple, Editor Online at Macworld.com. "Roxio's Toast with Jam 6 was recognized with a Best of Show Award because it has successfully mixed professional level audio tools like Dolby Digital and Peak Express with their consumer-friendly Toast software, making it easy for anyone to achieve great-sounding results."
A first for the Mac platform and ideal for use with home theaters and in-car DVD players, the new DVD Music Album feature enables consumers to create audio DVDs with over 36 hours of Dolby Digital quality music complete with on-screen menus, auto-play navigation, song information, and even album artwork. Support for Dolby Digital, the Hollywood standard, provides the added benefit of allowing discerning consumers to add over two hours of video to their DVDs while maintaining a high level of video quality and full audio fidelity.
Aspiring DJs and GarageBand users will appreciate the Jam 6 software component which enables them to create professional quality CD mixes complete with custom cross fades. Additionally, Jam 6 gives audio pros the ability to produce 100% Redbook-compliant masters ready for commercial replication. Typically only found in high-end professional tools, Peak 4 Express helps consumers edit and enhance the quality of music files or improve video soundtracks.
"The Toast product line has always had this inherent ability to anticipate and meet the needs of the Mac community," said Tom Shea, President of Roxio. "Toast with Jam 6 is no exception, delivering great sound, ease of use and affordability to an audience with a wide spectrum of demands."
Includes the full capabilities of Toast 6 Titanium:
- ToastAnywhere enables the sharing of CD or DVD burners across a network
- Plug & Burn automatically creates Video CD or DVDs from DV camcorder content
- Motion Pictures brings still photos to life with stunning pan and zoom effects
- CD Spin Doctor 2 helps users digitize vinyl records, tapes, or record live audio performances while reducing unwanted noise and hiss
- Universal Audio & Video Converters make it easy working with all file formats
- Toast It burns files or folders directly from the desktop
- Deja Vu secures data with automatic back-up to CD and DVDs scheduler, data compression, and 128-bit AES encryption and password protection
Dolby® Digital - Hollywood-style encoding and decoding software
- Professional-quality sound, in a consumer level software suite of applications
- Fits more than two hours of video on a DVD, while maintaining audio fidelity and full video quality
- Use existing Dolby Digital content in Toast video and audio projects for superior sounding results
DVD Music Album - More than 36 hours of music on a single DVD
- On-screen menus for fast navigation, song information, and album artwork
- Drag & drop directly from iTunes
- Full-quality audio or theater-rich Dolby Digital sound
- Plays in standard DVD players; ideal for home theaters or in-car DVD players
Jam 6 - DJ-style mixing and mastering software
- Creates mixes with DJ-style smooth cross-fades
- Produces 100% Redbook masters for commercial replication - ideal for GarageBand users
- Burns directly from Jam allowing the application to run independently of Toast
BIAS Peak™ 4 Express - powerful stereo editing software
- Enhances and cleans audio files and video soundtracks
- Same product included with Apple's $999 FinalCut Pro
- Includes audio processing plug-ins and filters to enhance sound quality
Pricing, Pre-orders and Availability:
Toast with Jam 6 is available online and at retail in North America and throughout Europe and Asia . The suggested retail price is $199.95 (USD). Existing Toast, Jam, Toast with Jam, Easy CD Creator and Easy CD & DVD Creator retail customers are eligible for a $30 mail-in rebate in addition to any other discounts at the point of purchase. Details are included in the retail product. Starting April 1 st , a Jam 6 upgrade will be available for $99.95 (USD) at www.roxio.com for customers who have already purchased Toast 6 Titanium and want to upgrade to the full Toast with Jam 6. The Jam 6 software can also be purchased as a stand-alone product and installed without Toast. See www.roxio.com/jam for more information.
Roxio, a division of Sonic Solutions, develops and markets the best-selling digital media software in the world. Roxio offers award-winning software products for CD/DVD burning, photo editing and video editing and has an installed base of over 150 million users. Roxio distributes its products globally through strategic partnerships with major hardware manufacturers, through leading retailers, through Internet partnerships and through direct sales at www.roxio.com. Roxio's parent company, Sonic Solutions (NASDAQ: SNIC; http://www.sonic.com) is the leader in digital media software and provides a broad range of software tools and applications for creative professionals, business and home users and technology partners. Sonic's products range from professional DVD authoring systems and interactive content delivery technologies that are used to produce the majority of Hollywood movies released on DVD, to the award-winning Roxio- and Sonic-branded CD and DVD creation, playback and backup applications that have become the premiere solutions for consumers and business users worldwide. Sonic's AuthorScript® is the de facto standard for CD and DVD burning and formatting and has been licensed by major software and hardware manufacturers, including Adobe, Broadcom, Microsoft, Scientific-Atlanta, Sony, and many others. Sonic Solutions is headquartered in Marin County, California.
Sonic, the Sonic logo, Sonic Solutions, Roxio, MyDVD, CineMagic, Plug & Burn, LiveShare, Roxio Easy Media Creator, and AuthorScript are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sonic Solutions or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. Dolby is a trademark of Dolby Laboratories. All other company or product names are trademarks of their respective owners and, in some cases, are used by Sonic Solutions under license. Specifications, pricing and delivery schedules are subject to change without notice.