Roxio Introduces VideoWave 7 Professional
"Movie Making and DVD Authoring Powerhouse Targets Video Enthusiasts"
Santa Clara, California - (April 5, 2004) - Roxio®, a division of Sonic Solutions® (NASDAQ: SNIC), the leader in digital media software, today began shipping VideoWave 7 Professional, the latest version of the company's award-winning software line. Sporting a new, intuitive user interface design and dozens of innovative features including powerful timeline editing and rich DVD authoring, VideoWave 7 is designed to make life easier for new digital video camera owners and seasoned video enthusiasts alike. VideoWave 7 Professional provides everything consumers need to easily turn raw video footage into compelling home movies ready to watch on the PC, via the Internet or DVD players in the living room.
Representing the most significant upgrade to date, VideoWave 7 Professional also adds new components that make it the most comprehensive and integrated package available, including a complete media management system, a smart capture utility, a rich label creation tool and, most significantly, a premium DVD authoring application powered by the market-leading Easy Media Creator burn engine. DVD Builder not only enables consumers to create professional-looking DVDs, VCDs, or SVCDs of their personal content, it also empowers them to work easily with commercial content such as TV shows recorded using increasingly popular set-top DVD Recorders.
"Lower priced DV camcorders, a high penetration of DVD burners, the emergence of affordable set top DVD Recorders, and high performance disk drives and PCs, are enabling consumers to work with video on the desktop," said Vito Salvaggio , VP Product Management, Roxio. "VideoWave 7 delivers innovative features that help consumers produce professional-looking results in a short period of time."
Customers looking to save time will appreciate the instant gratification delivered by features such as Plug & Burn, which turns captured video into a ready to play DVD in just two clicks without compromising video or audio quality, or the CineMagic editor which automatically turns raw footage into a polished movie complete with background music. Enthusiasts looking to take complete control over every aspect of a production will appreciate VideoWave's professional-level tools and fine-tune controls.
A recent Chicago Tribune review of Easy Media Creator 7, Roxio's flagship digital media suite, which includes the full capabilities of VideoWave 7 Professional, noted VideoWave's ability to cater to a variety of needs: "VideoWave is easy for beginners but fanatics can dig into the software for a raft of sophisticated features."
Professional-level Control with Timeline Editing
- Expandable timeline view with zoom feature provides the ability to precisely control the timing of each element in a production
- 14 individual tracks for independently and directly manipulating production elements such as video sequences, native audio, sound effects, background music, text, effects and overlays
- Advanced editors provide sophisticated refinement tools for correcting photos, adjusting levels on audio files, setting the style and path of titles, and adjusting the intensity and timing of special effects
- Video Overlays for employing broadcast news techniques such as compiling picture-in-picture video sequences or 'blue screen' effects in which a background of one video clip is replaced with another
- Narration capabilities for easily generating a voiceover to accompany a production
Premium Authoring Solution
- Next-generation DVD Builder, a full-featured authoring application for creating professional-looking DVDs, VCDs, or SVCDs with support for motion menus and buttons, chapters and backgrounds. Also includes over a dozen professionally designed theme templates.
- Ready for set top DVD recorders in the living room, DVD Builder can edit on-disc so that you can create compilations of your favorite TV shows with custom designed menus
- Plug & Burn for creating a high-quality DVD disc from the entire contents of a DV-camcorder in two clicks, complete with Dolby Digital audio
- SmartScan provides the ability to quickly preview all scenes on DV tape for selecting specific scenes to be transferred to the PC
- Smart MPEG rendering for saving time and maintaining video quality when editing MPEG-2 video files. Rather than re-encoding the entire video file, which results in a loss of quality, Smart MPEG only re-encodes the edited portions.
- 'Instant' Label Creator mode for creating disc labels or on-disc printing (on supported printers) using only a couple of clicks
Delivering a Comprehensive Solution with New Components
- Slide show creation with StoryBoard for creating engaging, one-of-a-kind shows that combine favorite photos and video clips with transitions, narration, background music, and special effects. Also included is Motion Pictures, a feature used to bring still images to life by adding pan, zoom and a motion path to still photos.
- Media Manager provides a single location for organizing, viewing, and finding all video clips, photos, audio files and completed productions
- A unified Capture utility delivers a consistent workflow regardless of the media type being imported or the digital device being used, including CD, DVD-Video, scanner, video and photo cameras
- Label Creator with an extraordinary range of creative control for designing and printing disc labels and inserts
Support for Leading Edge Technologies
- Dolby Digital audio provides the ability to create DVDs that include superior sounding audio, while saving disc space
- Support for DivX enables users to import DivX content to their productions or save their productions at a high-compression rate - reducing file size while maintaining exceptional video quality
Pricing and Availability:
VideoWave 7 Professional will be available shortly at major North American resellers for a suggested retail price of $79.95 (USD and CND), and is available today at www.roxio.com/en/products/videowave/index.jhtml. It will be available throughout Europe in May and in Japan in June. Owners of previous version of VideoWave and select competitive products may be eligible for an in-box upgrade $20 mail-in rebate. The full capabilities of VideoWave 7 Professional are also available as a component of Easy Media Creator 7, which has a suggested retail price of $99.95. VideoWave 7 owners can upgrade to Easy Media Creator and receive a $50 mail-in rebate.
Roxio, a division of Sonic Solutions, develops and markets the best-selling digital media software in the world. Roxio offers award-winning software products for CD/DVD burning, photo editing and video editing and has an installed base of over 150 million users. Roxio distributes its products globally through strategic partnerships with major hardware manufacturers, through leading retailers, through Internet partnerships and through direct sales at www.roxio.com. Roxio's parent company, Sonic Solutions (NASDAQ: SNIC; http://www.sonic.com) is the leader in digital media software and provides a broad range of software tools and applications for creative professionals, business and home users and technology partners. Sonic's products range from professional DVD authoring systems and interactive content delivery technologies that are used to produce the majority of Hollywood movies released on DVD, to the award-winning Roxio- and Sonic-branded CD and DVD creation, playback and backup applications that have become the premiere solutions for consumers and business users worldwide. Sonic's AuthorScript® is the de facto standard for CD and DVD burning and formatting and has been licensed by major software and hardware manufacturers, including Adobe, Broadcom, Microsoft, Scientific-Atlanta, Sony, and many others. Sonic Solutions is headquartered in Marin County, California.
Sonic, the Sonic logo, Sonic Solutions, Roxio, MyDVD, CineMagic, Plug & Burn, LiveShare, Roxio Easy Media Creator, and AuthorScript are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sonic Solutions or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. Dolby is a trademark of Dolby Laboratories. All other company or product names are trademarks of their respective owners and, in some cases, are used by Sonic Solutions under license. Specifications, pricing and delivery schedules are subject to change without notice.