Roxio Introduces PhotoSuite 7 Platinum
"Simply Picture Perfect: Comprehensive, Powerful Photo Editing Software"
Santa Clara, California - (April 6, 2004) - Roxio®, a division of Sonic Solutions® (NASDAQ: SNIC), the leader in digital media software, began shipping its new PhotoSuite 7 Platinum software today. Building on the award-winning capabilities of its predecessor, the latest release of Roxio's photo software extends its appeal with powerful multimedia slide show capabilities, professional level editing tools, and advanced Video CD authoring, components which are leveraged from Roxio Easy Media Creator 7, Roxio's market-leading digital media suite. Some photo applications focus strictly on editing, while others concentrate on organizing. PhotoSuite 7 Platinum offers tremendous value by including all the tools needed to capture, edit, create, organize, share, and preserve digital photos on CD or DVD in one package, while maintaining the user-friendly interface for which PhotoSuite has been praised.
"Like all applications in our digital media software line, PhotoSuite 7 Platinum offers a clean user interface, intuitive workflow and rich, seamlessly integrated components that deliver a complete solution at a competitive price," said Vito Salvaggio , VP Product Management, Roxio. "It is no longer necessary for users to learn multiple applications and workflows to experience all that digital photography has to offer."
Components new to PhotoSuite 7 Platinum include a smart capture utility for importing photos or video files from digital cameras, scanners, or storage devices, a rich label creation tool, and a comprehensive media management system that provides a single, convenient location for viewing, organizing, and burning photos, video clips and audio files to CD or DVD. Another key addition is StoryBoard for creating dynamic slide shows with personal photos or video clips, that include background music, text, transitions, special effects, narration, and Motion Pictures, which brings still images to life with dramatic zoom and pan effects. One of the most significant new components included in PhotoSuite 7 Platinum is DVD Builder (VCD Ed ition) powered by the Roxio Easy Media Creator burn engine, which enables consumers to create Video CDs of personal content complete with animated buttons and motion menus.
A recent PC Magazine review of Roxio Easy Media Creator 7, Roxio's flagship digital media suite, which includes the full capabilities of PhotoSuite 7 Platinum, praised the application noting: "PhotoSuite has come of age as a welcoming, intelligent package."
Capture and Organize
- Capture utility quickly imports photos or video clips from a digital camera - simply plug it in and go. This avoids installing and learning new software for each device.
- Media Manager with advanced features for searching, tagging, burning to CD or DVD, viewing by date captured, and automatically organizing photos, video clips, audio files, and projects
Edit and Create
- StoryBoard for easily creating dynamic slide shows with personal photos, video clips, and audio tracks, complete with transitions, text, special effects and narration
- Motion Pictures to add life to still photos by adding pan, zoom and motion path effects
- Multi-photo Enhance to touch up a collection of photos simultaneously
- Touchup Brushes to selectively fix an area of a photo that is too dark or that needs to be sharpened
- Advanced paint tools to colorize a black and white photo, or create one-of-a-kind works of art
- A rich array of automated correction tools and fine-tune controls
- Professionally-designed templates and advanced project controls such as layer adjustment, edge fading and transparency levels for creating stunning collages, cards, calendars and more with minimal effort
- PhotoStitch for quickly turning multiple photos of a scene into a seamless panorama
Burn and Share
- Archive feature for burning photos, video clips and audio files to CD or DVD for safekeeping
- DVD Builder (VCD Ed ition) to make personal Video CDs with animated menus, buttons, chapters, and background themes to be enjoyed on set-top DVD players
- Photo resize options for easily sharing through e-mail, or uploading to a professional online service
- Label Creator with an extraordinary range of creative control for designing and printing disc labels and inserts
- Numerous print options and advanced settings for printing photos at various sizes, printing multiple photos per page or generating a contact sheet of an entire album.
Pricing and Availability:
PhotoSuite 7 Platinum will be widely available shortly at major North American resellers for a suggested retail price of $49.95 (US) or $59.95 (CND), and is available today at www.roxio.com/en/products/photosuite/index.jhtml It will be available throughout Europe in May and in Japan in June. Previous owners of PhotoSuite and select competitive products may qualify for an in-box $10 mail-in rebate. PhotoSuite 7 Platinum is also available as a component of Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 for a suggested retail price of $99.95. PhotoSuite 7 Platinum customers upgrading to Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 for even more extensive digital media capabilities are eligible for a $30 mail-in rebate.
Roxio, a division of Sonic Solutions, develops and markets the best-selling digital media software in the world. Roxio offers award-winning software products for CD/DVD burning, photo editing and video editing and has an installed base of over 150 million users. Roxio distributes its products globally through strategic partnerships with major hardware manufacturers, through leading retailers, through Internet partnerships and through direct sales at www.roxio.com. Roxio's parent company, Sonic Solutions (NASDAQ: SNIC; http://www.sonic.com) is the leader in digital media software and provides a broad range of software tools and applications for creative professionals, business and home users and technology partners. Sonic's products range from professional DVD authoring systems and interactive content delivery technologies that are used to produce the majority of Hollywood movies released on DVD, to the award-winning Roxio- and Sonic-branded CD and DVD creation, playback and backup applications that have become the premiere solutions for consumers and business users worldwide. Sonic's AuthorScript® is the de facto standard for CD and DVD burning and formatting and has been licensed by major software and hardware manufacturers, including Adobe, Broadcom, Microsoft, Scientific-Atlanta, Sony, and many others. Sonic Solutions is headquartered in Marin County, California.
Sonic, the Sonic logo, Sonic Solutions, Roxio, MyDVD, CineMagic, Plug & Burn, LiveShare, Roxio Easy Media Creator, and AuthorScript are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sonic Solutions or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. Dolby is a trademark of Dolby Laboratories. All other company or product names are trademarks of their respective owners and, in some cases, are used by Sonic Solutions under license. Specifications, pricing and delivery schedules are subject to change without notice.